Sign in or
Setting Up A User With Multiple Roles
I’m having trouble getting the right account numbers to show when setting up a user with multiple roles. What do I do?
- Sign in as a user with full GL access. On the G/L Inquiry screen, use the Seg Find to determine the number of accounts that should be included for each set of criteria used when G/L access is limited on the role.
- Object Codes 3000 – 9999 and Other Code 123456 displays 25 accounts
- Project 123456, Revenues only displays 5 accounts
- Other Code 111111 displays 15 accounts
- This user should see 45 accounts when their role is set up. They should have 3 separate G/L roles
- Remove all roles with G/L access from the user on the User Account Maintenance Screen.
- Click the Reset files button on the User Account Maintenance screen.
- Add one role with G/L access to the user. Click the Reset files button again.
- Sign on as the user and do a G/L inquiry for all accounts. The number of accounts selected should equal the number of accounts that was displayed in step 1 for the same set of criteria.
- Sign off as the user and sign back in with Administration rights.
- Add another role with G/L access to the user. Click Reset files.
- Sign in as the user and do a G/L inquiry for all accounts. The number of accounts selected should now equal the sum of accounts displayed in step 1 for the two sets of criteria.
- Repeat steps 6 – 8, adding one role at a time until the number of accounts displayed in the G/L inquiry is not correct. The last role added is the role that is causing the problem.
- Display the role on the Role Maintenance screen.
- Click on the General Ledger button.
- Click on the yellow folder under Data Access.
- Do a print screen of the Account/Segment Group Access screens.
- Delete the Account/Segment Group Access screens.
- Add the Account/Segment Group Access screens back in.
- Go back to step 7, adding the role that was just updated.
- If the number of accounts is still not correct, delete the Account/Segment Group Access screens again and re-enter the screens with the same criteria, but in a different order.
Latest page update: made by jjolman
, May 19 2009, 11:59 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by jjolman
2 words added
- complete history)
Keyword tags: Multiple Roles
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.